Jr. Lifeguard Program Summer 2022 for 2022-06-04
Junior Lifeguard Program
Ages 11 – 14 or completed 5th grade.
Course Length: 32 hours – completed in roughly 2hour sessions throughout summer, completing 15 total lessons.
Must have 3 participants to hold course.
MUST attend ALL dates. No refunds.
- If you are only missing 1 – 2 dates of class, make ups will be scheduled for late August, 15th – 31st dates and times TBD.
Participants will be certified in by the American Red Cross as completed the Junior Lifeguarding Program. Course does not certify participants in first aid, CPR or AED or as a Lifeguard.
- Swim the front crawl for 25 yards continuously while breathing to the front or side.
- Swim the breaststroke for 25 yards using a pill, breathe, kick and glide sequence.
- Complete the water competency sequence
Water competency sequence:
- Must be completed without stopping
- Step into water from the side and totally submerge
- Maintain position for one minute by treading water or floating or a combination of the two.
- Rotate one full turn and orient to the exit
- Level off and swim on the front or back 25 yards
- Exit without using a ladder.
Lesson 1: Saturday June 4 | Time: 9:30a – 11:30a
Lesson 2: Saturday June 11 | Time: 12:30p-2:30p
Lesson 3: Saturday June 18 | Time: 9:30a – 11:30a
Lesson 4: Tuesday June 21 | Time: 1:30p-3:30p
Lesson 5: Thursday June 23 | Time: 11a – 1:00p
Lesson 6: Tuesday June 28 | Time: 11a – 1:00p
Lesson 7: Thursday June 30 | Time: 11a – 1:00p
Lesson 8: Tuesday July 5 | Time: 11a – 1:00p
Lesson 9: Tuesday July 12 | Time: 11a – 1:00p
Lesson 10: Thursday July 14 | Time: 11a – 1:00p
Lesson 11: Thursday July 21 | Time: 11a – 1:00p
Lesson 12: Tuesday July 26 | Time: 11a – 1:00p
Lesson 13: Thursday July 28 | Time: 11a – 1:00p
Lesson 14: Tuesday August 2 | Time: 11a – 1:00p
Lesson 15: Thursday August 4 | Time: 11a – 1:00p